Thursday, March 12, 2009

Help the ignorant

I have to admit that I thought I was one of the most ignorant people in the world. But today, I found someone worse than me. I fight depression everyday of my life, I go to the doctor 4, 5 even 6 times a month if not more. I have been treated with about 10 different meds so far and none of them work very long, if at all. I have had to get documentation every time I've been. My Doctor has even filled out family leave papers telling them that I am going through chronic anxiety, panic attacks and depression, and that at this time I am incapacitated, not able to perform job duties as required, and signed the papers 2/24/2009 and I just went last Thursday again. Today I receive an e-mail, saying he needs current documentation, duh dude, how much more current do you want, oh and also an original signature. Uhh she uses a stamp like many Doctors do any more. But then again I guess it's the ignorance of a Government supervisor, who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Does anyone out there know how I can get my disability retirement started as she has suggested, please let me know. I need some help with this, because I know not what to do.

jesseb's anything goes


  1. If you live in the US you need to file for disability with the Social Security Administration. They will then determine, along with your doctor, if you can be deemed disabled.

  2. Hi Jesseb,
    I wish i had an answer for you but I don't live in the US so I don't know. Hope you get the answer you are looking for. I have bad anxiety where my body goes numb. There are forums out there that I find do help. Maybe someone there might know.
    Your Friend Grumpy