Monday, April 13, 2009

Highway to heaven or hell.

As I was sitting at my desk, a song sung by AC/DC came in my head, I have never ever really listened to that type of music, maybe Abba every once in a while. I was country when country wasn't cool. So Highway to hell is the only part of the song I really know. I know that Gene Simmons was a part of Kiss at one time, Ozzy is Ozzy, there was Alice Cooper, Santana, White Snake, Metallica, Boston, Zycheck, Van Halen, I know they are all bandS but their music I can't tell who sings what, I even had to look up who sang Highway to hell to know. Heck give me Merle, George, Lefty, Red, or Hank Sr. and a whole lot of Waylon and a little of Willie and I'm happy as a bee in honey.

But for some reason this blog isn't heading to any battle of the bands, and I really prefer some good ole Southern Country Gospel or Gospel Bluegrass, when the mood is just right, you just can't beat the sound of it. But the name of that song stuck in my head, Highway to hell.The name of that song gets to me just like that commercial where Ozzy says I've been the prince of darkness since 1979. Crap that's good to know, I didn't know he took satan's place. I used to listen to Christian radio a lot when I was younger, and had heard that Ozzy had found GOD, I guess that didn't last long.

Well I myself think that there was, and still is today, a lot of soul selling going on to be a great band, especially to be a long term group. But let me say this, that it's not only in ROCK or Metal, it is in all types of music. But then I am one who thinks that if you can't understand the music it ain't music, but again let me say that it's just my belief. The song highway to hell brought to mind a scripture in the word of GOD, Matthew 7:13-14, [13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

There are millions that are headed down the broad path, not because they listen to Ozzy, Metallica, White snake or Kiss, the music is not the biggest reason, but the way we choose to live our everyday lives. And I would like to say this, if you live by that once saved always saved theory, look at it again. Once you have given your heart to Christ as your Lord and Savior, one time of asking Christ does not give you a license to sin. Roman 14:10-12, [10]But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[11] For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. [12] So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

You see the passage says, for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. It is plainly stated we all, you me, them, all. Just because you went to the altar as a young adult and began your life for Christ, you must still be forgiven future sins you commit. It doesn't make it right to sin. You will have to come back to the altar or anyplace you can bow yourself, or even stand, and ask Jesus to once again forgive you every time you sin. We all will stand before the judgment seat of GOD and give an account of why we should be able to enter into his eternal rest in his kingdom, and not be sent to the Highway to hell.

Psa 91:1-9, [1] He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

Brother and sisters and Friends, let it be known I have said this before and will say it again, any thing that I write that is misleading or full of deception, lies or to try covering up the truth of GOD, it will be me, myself and I that will stand before the throne and answer why I mislead so many. That is why it is so important to tell the truth as GOD has showed. There are thousands who sit in churches today that are taking spots true believers could be taking. A lot of people don't realize that you can go to the altar a sinner and leave the altar the same way! If the spirit of GOD did not draw you there, then how will you know if it is right or not? You will know when its real, when the Spirit does draw you.
Friends in that day it says that a thousand shall fall at thy left side and ten thousand by the right. Friends the way i see this is a lot of those who profess to be Christians on that day will be made known. Highway to hell will not be just a song.

The time is getting nearer the days are getting shorter, if you haven't found Jesus, take the time to call upon him, He'll be there in the still of the even' in the midnight hours seek Him.

Thanks again jesseb's
Shalom and Peace to Israel

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mr. Jesse, haven't heard from you for a long time, how are you? Anyway, I'm not familiar with the song "Highway to Hell", but I hope the song's message would lead us not to hell.
    God bless you always. :)

    ReplyDelete