Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Its not black or white

I am a 50 year old white male which does not make me better than anyone else, I've had to work hard just like anyone else to get along, living pay check to pay check just as any other person on this earth. Do I live the American dream? I did at one time and now I have lost everything that we worked so hard for. Trying to live it will get you into more trouble than we ever know, especially the state of the mess we're in now. What a lot of people don't realize is there are so many variables in life we don't always count into the mix of our everyday life. Do I blame anyone else for my problems, [no] why, it's because me, myself and I got myself into this mess.

All my life I have heard about racism and prejudice, the stereo types and profiling. I myself have always had more Black or African-Americans as friends. Why? Because our life styles were no different then theirs (as the old saying goes, (with few exceptions), we all put our pants on one leg at a time). We lived in the same town, went to the same schools, our hard times matched theirs, we all struggled to get by, we even attended the same church on Sundays. HECK the bible tells us that GOD does not look at color, or black or white, He looks to the heart of Man, so red, yellow, black or white everyone is precious in his sight.

Colossians 3:25 says these words- [25] But he that does wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons. See friends, GOD is no respecter of persons, even though he formed men from the dirt of the earth he saw, men and women made in their images, that's GOD and CHRIST. There are so many different hate groups out there it's sad. The KKK, skin heads ( aryan brotherhood and down right evil people), black panther's, Louis Farrakhan, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton the Naacp and so on. In one way or the other there is racism, profiling, prejudice, and even stereo typing. In one way or the other there is hate in any of these people and groups.

Here are the definitions of these word's- racism-Discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race. The prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races; profiling-Recording a person's behavior and analyzing psychological characteristics in order to predict or assess their ability in a certain sphere or to identify a particular group of people; prejudice-The word has commonly been used in certain restricted contexts, in the expression "racial prejudice". Initially this referred to making a judgment of a person based on that person's race, religion, class, etc. etc., before receiving information relevant to the particular issue on which the judgment is being made; it came, however, to be widely used to refer to any hostile attitude towards or judgment of people based on their race.
stereotyping-Treat or classify according to a mental stereotype, to set people in a classifaction generally not favorable in society.

I have a black friend in Texas who is just like a brother, and if anyone would use any of the words listed above it was him. Every time something would wind up in the news that was bad or put a black-eye on blacks, he wasn't afraid to tell you how he felt about it. Blacks, whites, asians, any walk of life. He would say people put themselves in the cross-hairs to be put down, run down, and on and on. He is one of the best people you would ever meet.

I myself think, that if we could ever get rid of the N word, and every other word that causes trouble and friction between the different races, we can come together as one. It's not a black or white thing its a people thing. Get rid of racial profiling, stereotyping, prejudice, and racism, then we all can live in one world together. It's blacks as well as whites, but it must start at the top, the best way to stop anything is to go straight to the source. The best way to stop GANGRENE is either try and stop it with antbiotics or cut off the part that is infected. Racism is a cancer that seems to be untreatable, but it takes more than a we tried. Heck they can call me a cracker all they want, don't bother me. I look at my skin and I really do look like a saltine. REALLY not enough sun.

I will leave this with all, if we can't get along now you ain't going to Heaven, and I'm not sorry for saying that. If you can't get along here, you won't get along in Heaven and God won't allow strife and bickering in Heaven. There is just as much hate for whites as there are for blacks and every other race on earth, it's just finding a medium to where we can live together without having to bringing up racism, or because I'm black or white. Again I say, GOD is no respecter of persons, He sees the heart. Every race goes up the same rough side of the mountain. As Rodney King once said, "can't we just get along?". Hey I have no problem with that, if ya'll don't.

Thanks jesseb's
Shalom and Peace to Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment