Thursday, April 16, 2009

Living the gifts of of the spirit

I often sit back and watch people and being a Preacher at one time, God entrusted me with that gift of discernment, which is 1 of the gifts of the spirit spoke about in the book of 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 and it says- [4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which work all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these work that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

As a Christian you can have any of the gifts you seek GOD for, but I really don't think we are bestowed with all. Some will have the gift of healing, prophesy, laying on of hands, praying, preaching, teaching, tongues and tongue and interpretation, and then the gift of the discernment. It is my belief that the Ministers and preachers have the gift of the spirit of discernment to discern the spirits, and I guess even though I no longer Preach I still have the gift.When we met our second wife she worked with a lot of different people, and not only they but other people as well I began to tell her what kind of people they were and she couldn't see it until the things I told started coming to pass, No I am NOT Nostradamus, and I can't see or foretell the future. All I can tell about is what the spirit of GOD has showed me.

Being able to discern things in the spirit is needed to be able to keep the enemy at bay and on the run. It is one of the tools GOD bestows on His people as well as Preachers. A lot of people would think that it would be judging folk i's not, being able to discern thing makes one aware of what is going on not only in the congregation of the saints, ( Church), but the world around you. But to me it is not the gift of discernment that is the greatest, being able to lead people to Christ and they find Him as their Lord and Savior, being able to pray for the lost and GOD opening His window in Heaven and pouring out His soul convicting spirit that leads people to Christ, then its being able to teach those the word of GOD, (teaching) then feeding the people with the preaching to keep their souls nourished with not only the milk but also the meat of the word. Living in the spirit.

I believe that the gifts are to help edify the Church. Friends, there is nothing like the feeling of being able to lay hands on the sick. and the healing virtue of God, ( THE ANOINTING), begins to transmit through your body into theirs and they be healed. It is a feeling that can't be described by me. There is nothing like being a Christian in the will of GOD and he uses you for the will of the Church. I do believe that the scariest gift of all is the tongues and interpretation. Or maybe I shouldn't use the word scariest. The gift of tongues and interpretation is for the edifying of the Church in most cases. Through tongues and interpretation it can be to the Church and what GOD intends to do in its future, or it could be for someone who has been searching GOD for answers to things, or GOD speaking to an individual person. And at anytime when there is an interpretation, somehow GOD will give some type of witness, such as moving of the spirit, chill's running all over your body. Friends, when the Spirit of GOD begins to move, the devil runs. That's called living in the spirit.

A lot of people think that the Pentecostal Churches and some Full gospel churches are nuts. Some would say that dancing in the spirit, speaking in tongues are not biblical but think again even divine healing and the laying on of hands are also biblical. Its just the snake part that I don't see where they come up with. I think they who play with snakes are tempting the Lord by saying ok Lord we're going to play with these posionous snakes, now keep us safe. That is plum crazy, Jesus said while in the wilderness the 40 days and nights as satan tempted him, Jesus said, THOU SHALL NOT TEMPT THE LORD THY GOD.

Luke 10:19-20- reads this way.- Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. I guess this is where they think they have the protection of GOD to play with snakes, heck more power to them. To me the only good snake is a dead snake. Although they were given power over them in this scripture do I see anywhere where it says you can play and kiss or anything else and be safe from danger. Playing with snakes ain't living in the spirit.

But people will continue to do the crazy things they do in the name of the Lord, Matthew 7:21-23 [23] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

We can plainly see here that Jesus said just because they do these things doesn't mean I agree with what they do. I myself don't think that playing with snakes is one of the things he agrees with. Might as well call that craziness suicide. Serving GOD is fun and exciting , refreshing when you truly find the place, or Church GOD wants you at. A lot of people just die right away from not being fed the word of GOD. There are two stages you must go through tho to grow in Christ, as a babe must crawl before they walk, a babe needs the milk before the meat of the word. I will say one thing about the church I did attend for many years and it took almost to the time the pastor retired to realize this, that he was choking the babe before they had a chance to grow in Christ. Friend living in the spirit is wonderful, And I will say this in closing this blog. Try it you may like it. The word of GOD is good to the last bite, and the milk to the last drop.


Thanks again jesseb's
Shalom and Peace to Isael.

No comments:

Post a Comment