Friday, January 24, 2014

The Church services in the houses of the Lord ! Returning to the Old Path but I just can't do it.

 (Pastor) Good morning Brothers and Sister's . we hope all had a great week.

(The congregation)> oh yes glory be to God, He came through just at the right time, praise God, praise, praise, praise and glory, jumping and shouting glory.
(Pastor) God is good isn't He?
(Congregation) Oh yes He is.
( Pastor)> Elder so and so will you come and bring forth the announcements. Oh first how many had a Birthday this week, can I see a show of hands? Glory you made it another year, praise God. Let's sing to them Happy Birthday.
(Congregation) oh yes yes .
(Pastor) Next how many had an anniversary? Hands again please, well that calls for another song, let's sing them Happy Anniversary.
(Congregation)starts jumping and shouting oh glory, glory, glory.
(Pastor) Now for the announcements.
(Annoucements go on for 20 mins its over). (Elder) May I get Sis so and so and the choir to come as well as the musical group.
(The Sister) this morning lets just get all excited in the Lord let's just lift our hands, hearts and voices to the Lord, give Him the glory that he deserves.
They sing (I'm in the way that bright and shining way, Just a closer walk with thee,I'll waltz across heaven with you, Build me a cabin over in the glory land, man the buildings rocking).
(Pastor) wow they sure are praising God this morning, wow again. They sing for another 45 mins and then the annointing falls upon the Preacher and it's time to bring forth the Word of God.
(Pastor) wow I didn't realize it was getting so late, I'll try to get you all out of here at 12:00 on time bare with me.
(Pastor)> Deacon will you say the prayer over the service? oh I almost forgot let us take up the offering, can't forget that.
(Pastor) Brothers and Sister's this week God has been dealing with me strongly. I have been your pastor long enough you all know what I am going to say next. Can I get an Amen?
(Congregation) burst into shouting and praise. Yes, Pastor, yes Pastor, bring it on.
(Pastor) I have been most of your's pastor for 20 to 25 years, and I love each and everyone as my own child. We have preached to you from every direction in the Bible, you all ought to know it by heart. Brothers and Sisters we have had some good times in the Lord. This week God has dealt with me very serious about what I have been preaching. In that 25 years as Pastor of this Church we have eaten of the goodness of God, we have raised the roof on this place many many times. Some mornings we preached to you Oatmeal and toast, some mornings Milk and cereal, and other times just plain rice, but we have survived it all, Amen?
( Congregation) yes, praise the Lord, pretty tough times.
(Pastor) Well this morning I must preach to you the whole Word of God, not just bits and pieces, amen?

The title this morning is (Returning to the old path)

(Pastor) Brothers and Sisters , God has brought to my attention that most of you have become totally dependant  on MY every word. As I said earlier I have preached to you from every direction of God's word.  I had a dream that it was the Great White Judgement, and I was standing before God. He called out my name and I said, ye Lord here I am.
(God) > I know your name, but what have you done for my kingdom??
(Pastor) Well, well, well, and as I stood there I said the same thing that was said in Matthew 7:22-23
(Pastor) Lord, Lord, have (I) we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  The Lord opened the Book of Life He searched for my name and it was no where to be found. In the dream the Lord said unto me Matthew7:23-
(God) I say unto you, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
So Brothers and Sister this morning we must find our way back to the old path.  We have been raised up on the milk and cereal of the Word of God. We all have need to grow up or none of us is gonna make it into the Kingdom of God, lest we return to the old path.
(Total silence in the House)
Now for the message (Returning to the old path). Folks I see my time is running short, so I will leave two verses with you all to ponder on this week and will finish his message next week.

Folks this morning if you have your Bibles let us turn to Hebrews 5:11-14
-11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. 12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
Also 2 Timothy 4:1-5  - I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Folks with all this said. remember the sower in the Bible who sowed the seeds. This Pastor had a dream that he stood before the Judgement seat. The Books were opened. His name was nowhere to be found. I believe that God was showing him where he stood and what he must do to have his name recorded in the Lambs book of Life. But as it is with every Christian, the enemy comes and steals. The Pastor begins to doubt the dream and brushes it off. The enemy plants in his mind that if he strayed from what he had preached all his life he would lose his ministry, congregation, and livelihood.  Brothers and sisters for us to return to the old path we will have to take it upon ourselves to study, seek, and search out our own Salvation with fear and trembling.
The title was (Returning to the old path But he just couldn't do it.)

Your salvation is more important than what YOUR Pastor and even Myself tells you and shows you. Folks it has to be the Truth of God.
Love you all
the Preacher

No comments:

Post a Comment