Wow, what other country can you wake up to the sound of freight trains shaking your pictures off the wall, the sounds of sirens and not knowing if its an ambulance, fire truck, or police. You can see the sun coming up greeting another beautiful day. You can see a school bus driver stuck in a traffic jam driving down a freeway in L.A, or drive on IH-35 N. from Texas to Missouri, take a ride on a quiet country road in Idaho. Wow, ain't it great knowing you were born in one of the greatest countries there is. The United States of America. Oh how sweet it is.
Did anyone out there know that this very land our feet stands on, or our head lays on was founded, upon a foundation of Biblical principles and standards? Freedom to worship, freedom of speech, rights to what is yours is yours. That your house is your haven. That your family is your family, your property is your property, your gun, your rifle is yours. And that you as an American citizen have the right to stand up for what is yours? Well America, that's the way it once was, once upon a fairy tale, when American was young. Back when everything was plentiful. Back before men began to forget what the Constitution of the United States stood for. Its a very small but big word, and has only 7 letters. F-R-E-E-D-O-M !
I guess freedom began to fizzle in the early 1800's when one of our very well known fore-fathers, Thomas Jefferson, called the Bible nothing more than dung, and took a pair of scissors to it, but wait he was atheist, along with many of his group of colleagues, and were only thought to be (Christian's) because that's how and what the times were like back then. So have we really never had religious freedom at all? Some would say yes we have, but even more will say no. Thinking briefly about prayer in schools, how many thought that when Madayln Murry O'Hare petitioned the Supreme Court she would win? She did win the case of removing prayer from schools and started the movement of removing God from all places. I guess people must have thought to themselves that it was the beginning of the end. But this wasn't even the first case of Church vs State, lets look you can see for yourselves.
"There is no such source and cause of strife, quarrel, fights, malignant opposition, persecution, and war, and all evil in the state, as religion. Let it once enter our civil affairs, our government would soon be destroyed. Let it once enter our common schools, they would be destroyed."
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin, Weiss v. District Board, March 18, 1890
"Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private school, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and state forever separate."
- Ulysses S. Grant, "The President's Speech at Des Moines" (1875)
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
- First Amendment, Bill of Rights, U.S. Constitution
Thomas Jefferson, author of the sweeping Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom, stating that no citizen "shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever..." and that to "compell a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of [religious] opinions which he disbelieves is sinful and tyrannical."
- President Thomas Jefferson, 1802 letter to the Baptists of Danbury, Connecticut
The Supreme Court Cases Opposing Religious Worship in Schools
- McCollum v. Board of Education, 333 U.S. 203, 212 (1948).
- Struck down religious instruction in public schools. The case involved school-sponsored religious instruction in which the sole nonreligious student, Jim McCollum, was placed in detention and persecuted by schoolmates in Champaign, Illinois.
- Tudor v. Board of Education of Rutherford, 14 J.N. 31 (1953), cert. denied 348 U.S. 816 (1954).
- Let stand a lower court ruling that the practice of allowing volunteers to distribute Gideon Bibles at public school was unconstitutional.
- Engel v. Vitale, 370 U.S. 421 (1962).
- Declared prayers in public school unconstitutional.
- Abington Township School District v. Schempp, 374. U.S. 203 (1963).
- Declared unconstitutional devotional Bible reading and recitation of the Lord's Prayer in public schools.
- Epperson v. Arkansas, 393 U.S., 97, 104 (1968).
- Struck down state law forbidding schools to teach the science of evolution.
- Stone v. Graham, 449 U.S. 39 (1980).
- Declared unconstitutional the posting of the Ten Commandments in classrooms.
- Wallace v. Jaffree, 472 U.S. 38, 72 (1985).
- Overturned law requiring daily "period of silence not to exceed one minute... for meditation or daily prayer."
- Jager v. Douglas County School District, 862 F.2d 824 (11th Cir.), Cert. den. 490 U.S. 1090 (1989).
- Let stand a lower court ruling in Georgia that pre-game invocations at high school football games are unconstitutional.
- Lee v. Weisman, 120 L.E. 2d 467/ 112 S.C.T. 2649 (1992).
- Ruled prayers at public school graduations an impermissible establishment of religion.
- Berger v. Rensselaer, 982 F.2d, 1160 (7th Cir.) Cert. denied. 124 L.E. 2d 254 (1993).
- Let stand ruling barring access to Gideons to pass out Bibles in Indiana schools.
- Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe, 530 U.S. 290 (2000).
- Barred student-led prayers at public school functions.
SO see the fight for prayer in school is just one of the things that will always be an endless battle that should be left a sleeping dog . ( pst ) Do you really think God worries about prayer in schools or colleges around the world? I think not. That is the least of His worries. He get millions of prayers a day from children and students alike from around the world saying God help me with this test I'm about to take. Lord Jesus help me make it through the day that I can live up to my abilities. You see they didn't stop prayer in schools. ALL they did was just silence the voices of those who would have prayed out loud. Parents keep teaching your children to pray.
Then there's the right to bare arms, guns, rifles, knives and such that we now have to register and wait for back ground checks to even get a permit to carry. I don't own a gun, my wife won't let me have one (joke). It takes 30, 60, 90 or more days to receive a permit, if you even get approved. Many don't and won't. It bothers me that it is easier for a convicted felon, one day out of prison, to get a gun than a law abiding citizen who just wants to protect their home, family, and possessions. I truly believe in the saying that guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Now they say they may take our right to drive what we want to drive. Mr. President, Congressmen, Senators, before you take our Z-71's, our Ford F-250's or our Dodge quad cabs, consider this; you want to rid our dependence on foreign oil or go green by building more electric cars or trucks, help the O-Zone, save the rain forest, etc. but before you take or even think about taking our trucks and cars, try driving yourself and your foreign dignitaries around in a Yugo. Or, the next time you wanna fly on a surprise trip to Iraq or Afghanistan, or to see the King of Spain, (let's make the list short), anywhere in the Middle East, instead of taking Air Force 1, 2 or 3, (how ever many there may be), try taking a Cessna 303, single engine plane, to save the tax payers money and fuel. Fix what needs fixed and leave the people of America alone while fixing it.
I along with nearly over 303,824,650 people in the United States want change. Mr. President, here are some ways I believe you can help change America, please consider your promise was change. So what are you gonna change? Cut taxes: You already talking increasing them. Create more jobs: you're already cutting jobs. It doesn't take 4, 8, to 10 or more years to fix health care. JUST fix it. You're the Commander & Chief, stand up and be bold, have some balls. Tell the House and Senate this is what you want, then do it! Instead of having to have your press secretary stand before a camera and tell America, "well the measure didn't pass the House and won't make it to the Senate", ( health care), "we'll keep on trying". (Famous words). Next the economy, humm tough subject, go up on Capital Hill, take a good long look, I mean a good longgggggg look. See all the Lobbyist, and the special interest groups hanging around, the big oil companies, the big Energy companies, gas , light, in other words , helllo the Utility companies, they can't be that hard to see. Now be a Man and take that #13 size shoe you wear an boot their butts out of Washington. And while their leaving, have them leave a billion or two dollars in the hat for the economy and American people, and say don't ya come back NO MO NO MO NO MO NO MO, (as the song goes). Now when Washington starts doing what their elected to do, what the people want, then America will be just a hair closer to what she once was. And, before you try to extend the Presidential Term of Office, spend the next eight years proving you or any other President deserves more time.
They can stimulate the economy with their piss poor stimulus checks, lol, then turn right around and charge you taxes on it. Lol, wow their stimulating right before they rape ya again. The way to fix the economy is by, first give back to the people, if the middle class on down to the lower class that works their lives away every day or year, and still owe taxes, and owe more than $25,000, forgive that debt, the Federal Reserve and the World Bank wont miss it. Their not even American owned. Then your next step should be to regulate, regulate, regulate, Banks, Savings and Loan companies, Gas and Oil, Natural Gas and Energy. You may not last to long as President, but neither did Abraham Lincoln or John.F. Kennedy when they stood against them. You're the man of change, well don't just change it, fix it! If that's too tall of an order, resign with Honor, you promised change. THIS would be change.
MAKE AMERICA PROUD AGAIN.
Bring our troops home and fortify our boundaries. Help America FIRST, then help only those who help US, Our ALLIES, Great Britian, and Israel, our True Brothers in Arms.
Sholoam and peace to ISRAEL.