Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Home is where the heart is

There is a saying that goes, "home is where the heart is", and there's a song that goes like this, "once you leave you can never go back". It's not that I think you can't go back, you just can't go back and change the things that happened in the past. You ask forgiveness and go on. We as humans have a tendency to hold on to things much to long and it eats at us and usually destroys what bit of hope we have. Things happen that we will never in a million years understand. We never really stop to think maybe it's not for us to understand, stop sulking and move on. Home is where the heart is.

I lived in Texas most of my life, 42 years to be exact. I left there 8 years ago. and I will always be a Texan, it's the state of my birth no matter were I live or choose to live. I have only one reason to go back to Texas and that is my son. But I really don't know if I could ever live in Texas again. Things there are different now, and the freaken' cost of living is out of control. I don't see how the the older folks and disabled live off what they do. I know people will say that's every where, duh, I know that its everywhere. I ain't gonna make excuses, my home is no longer there, my heart is not there. It is like when Jesus was born and they sought to destroy him, GOD sent an angel to tell Mary and Joseph to leave until it was safe. GOD did not tell me to leave, (maybe He did and I'm just not realizing it), but change is what I need, for my mental and physical health. Home is where my heart is.

You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself. Mostly you have to do what is best for you. Home is where your heart is.

THANKS jesseb's

Shalom and Peace to Israel

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I lived in a town for years and then we moved. Home it never felt until we bought our own house. Back in the neigbourhood we grown to call home.

    ReplyDelete