Friday, July 2, 2010

Watch what you say and do.

Hebrews 13:1-2 Let brotherly love continue. 2Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

THIS passage of scripture tell us, That we should always be on guard, With what LOVE, is it talking about just any kind of LOVE no, Not the kind of Love that Husbands and Wives experience most everyday. No what it is say, Let brotherly love continue in us all. What would be talking about. Its reall y talking about what Jesus spoke and talked, and what  the Apostles preached and taught. Brotherly love, whether it be a Man, a Women, Boy or Girl, young and old alike. The Bible teaches us One thing for sure that we should love each other as Christ so loved the Church. Paul when he was alive and preaching the word of God SAID in the next scripture.  1 Cor 9;19-23.

1Cor 9;19-23 is this -19
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

You see after we give our hearts to Christ  we are to do more than just sit on a pew in some building whether it has a capacity to hold 75 or hold 5000. we all commissioned that day to take Christ to the world. whether it be in your own back yard or around the world. When the seventy was told to go out, they weren't told just Belton, Rogers, Killeen, or even Temple. AROUND  every where were God has called you to that the word of GOD may be fulfilled.

Paul says That He was made all things to all me, and He pretty much explains the call. That is why out text to this blog is, Watch what you say or do. What ever it takes to when the lost. We must win them at any cost. It means sacrificing things to go above and beyond our call to Christian duty. We do live in a lost and dying World. And we need to be doing and being what ever it takes. Not sitting and moping because things keep happening to me. Friends  when we can get over our Woe is me Woe is me why why why. then you can be about Our Fathers business.

Do you find anywhere in the Bible to were Jesus knowing why He was here on earth for, sitting around saying Woe is me, moping. No you won't. He was our example, and He lead by example.Which brings us again to out text. Watch what you say and do.

I went the other day to do my laundry .because I needed a large open face tumble washer to wash my comforter on my bed, I guess my grand daughter had spilt chocolate milk on it. And as I was waiting for the cloths to wash, I noticed a lady there Who had a T-shirt on from a place I had worked 11 or 12 years ago. I asked her if she still worked there and we begin to talk and as She was talking, I noticed that she would mention God. She would talk about how the place She works and I had worked at had changed so much and it's not like it was, and that's understandable look at the world we live in today. Nothings the same as 11 or 12 years little alone 20 to 50 years ago. And as She woukld talk She would talk about all the layoffs they had ,had and how they are over loading them with more work from being short handed. Did not Jesus say, come unto all that are heavy burdened and I would  give you rest.

She was saying that they have been  working 7 days a week to just keep up with demands. But then she says that the overtime mostly is voluntary. And it was hard to go back to Church because after being out for only 2 or 3 weeks it hard to go back, and the fact She feels guilty because she hasn't been paying her tithes. You know a lot of people misinterpret a lot of  scriptures, Now don't get me wrong I believe in paying tithes, I don't pay them for the blessings God said He he would bestow on us if we did or do. But we are commanded to bring our tenth into the storehouse that His work be carried on and fulfilled. But as I was talking something came to my mind. What is more important to God, tithes our a Soul.

We don't have to go to Church to be saved. But to stay saved, By help and fellowship with other Christians Brothers and Sisters .By the time we had quit talk in about an hour I guess this Lady was crying, and  seeking God. For what that was none of my business. But I have come to one conclusion, and that is That I preached for almost 23 years and If I never ever again step behind a Pulpit again in which in the future I hope I can. If just witnessing to the saved, backslid den, and lost is all God gives me to do. That will be fine with me, Because I will still be about my Fathers business. Thank you for the words when they are needed. Thank you for the Spirit.

Friends It's probably best to Watch what you say, You do, and how you act because as Hebrews 13:1-2 says - Let brotherly love continue. 2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.


Till next time God Bless and Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Shalom
jesseb

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. Our witness is all we have. There are a couple of sayings (don't know who originally wrote them but they are good). the first is "becareful what you do, you might be the only Bible some people see", the other has been said in several different ways but I'll use this one, "going to church doesn't make you a christian anymore than going to McDonald's makes you a Big Mac". Both very appropriate. Going to church doesn't make a christian, (as you know), the Bible says, "forsake not the assembling", that doesn't mean as some people think that we "have" to go to church, assembling with like minded people no matter what it is for will give you more strength in that area. If you are assembling for God, you will draw strength from other believers. (I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know). God bless and keep up the "good" (God) work. I pray that God opens doors that we may all share the gospel and continue the Father's business in whatever way the Lord chooses for each of us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete