Monday, June 14, 2010

Under the Shadow

Good morning, afternoon, or evening what ever time it may be that you read this, if you do at all. As I was watching One of my favorite movies it inspired  me and got me to thinking about a thing or two. I have come to realize in My own life that I have said so many times that I knew Jesus. But when reality hit me I didn't know Jesus at all, I knew of Jesus. If I had of known Jesus I might not have faltered so many times. Some call Jesus ( GOD ), others call HIM the SON, but one thing is for sure, He is one of the Three that makes up the Holy Trinity. For those who do not believe in the trinity theory, that is your prerogative, some think of Him only as a Prophet..but no matter what you think He is, He is the Saviour #1, a Brother#2, and soon to be crowned King of Kings.  Hey the Bible does tell us that the word of God is to NO one man's interpretation, which I guess is alright if the Bible tell us this. Can you say Amen.
There is an old song I have heard all my life just about and it is one that is as dear to me today as it was when I first heard it and didn't quit understand the words. The words to the song goes as this, "I love to tell the story, how a Saviour came from Glory". Brothers and Sisters, I am not a perfect person, I can't stand and say that I have never smoked a cigarette, a joint, or took speed, I can't ever say that a beer or alcohol has never touch my lips, or I haven't ever lusted or coveted anything in my life, and God only knows I can't say that I have never lied. If I had been free from all this maybe God would have taken me like he did Elijah and Enoch. Now that would have been the ultimate prize wouldn't it. But I am not Perfect and will never be, But I do hope to be somewhat found worthy When he splits the Clouds of Glory, to take his Children to be with him forever, in the First resurrection.
As I was listening to the movie that the text of this Blog came from, it derives from Psalms 91 verse 1 -8

<< Psalm 91 >>
King James Version

1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Brothers and sisters, you don't have to live a perfect life, just close to it.  NO man is perfect, and if you see or find a man who seems to think or say he is, stand away, way away, because lightening may strike at any time. Friends family and Bro and Sis there is coming a day that we will face the noisome pestilence, Jesus said we would in Matthew the 24th chapter. If you happen to believe in the rapture, and it doesn't happen, may God help all the souls who took men's word for it, and did not search the Scriptures or let the Holy Spirit show them what is true, and right and just. God is and has always been an equal opportunity God.
I do want you to know that if you should miss the first resurrection, in which the second death hath no power its no one's fault but your own.
The things that Jesus spoke of throughout His time here on earth even though it was so short, He knew what he was speaking. And he left us a promise that was filled in Acts chapters1 and 2, the Holy Ghost. The only thing Jesus did not know and still does not know is the day His Father will turn to him and say, "MY Son it is time, go get MY PEOPLE". You see friends, neighbors, family, Bro and Sis. YOU can't ride the coattails of a Preacher into the KINGDOM of GOD.Wives you cannot ride the shirt tails of your husbands into the KINGDOM of GOD. Children you can't expect to make it in on just what the Pastor,Teacher, Mommy or Daddy told you .
Yes the Bible tells us to train up our Children in the ways they should go. Well Friends one thing we have to realize is this, train them up and turn them over to GOD that's all we can do. He'll do the rest and that's a promise from HIM not I. Friends as I close this blog. DO you know of God or truly Know GOD and all the purpose He has for you? Say that I am right about the end days and we aren't raptured out, will you be found under the shadow of the Almighty God? I truly hope that I am in that day. That is my prayer daily. Amen

Shalom and Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
til next brain thrust                                                            jesseb

No comments:

Post a Comment